Monday, May 17, 2010

How dorks divide up chores

CC photo from pfly on Flickr.

Sharon and I both hate mopping.

Well, we hate it for different reasons. I hate the moving-everything-out-of-the-way-and-putting-it-back-after part, and Sharon hates the actual-sweeping-and-mopping part. Once we articulated this, the solution was simple: have Sharon do the part that I hate and vice versa.

We divide other chores similarly. I never have to vacuum, and Sharon never has to do the dishes.

Why the rest of the world cares about this, I do not know. But I love her, and we make a great team.

4 comments:

  1. Or, you can pay me for a virtual clean up of your place! Cash is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I divide things this way too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that families who divine chores straight down the middle are the best kind; that wya no one gets stuck with too much work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I do this too - it is the best way to do it! I hate doing the laundry/dishes and he hates cleaning the bathroom and vacuuming!

    Thanks for visiting Budget a Wedding. I have a ton of prizes going up between now and the end of next week!

    ReplyDelete